One of the things I love to do is cook!
As a Property Manager, I envision all of our tenants making their houses/properties their homes. Perhaps they have friends and family over to enjoy the things they are cooking.
So every once in a while I like to throw our some good ‘ole home cooking ideas for you to enjoy.
Pan-Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Mushrooms
This one came from MidwestLiving.com
- Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- Hands On 25 mins
- Total Time 1 hr
- 1 2 – pound beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola or corn oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms (or mixed cremini and shiitake), trimmed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- Pat beef dry. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Position rack in center of oven, and preheat oven to 425 degrees . Season beef on all sides with 2 teaspoons each kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and sear on all sides for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven. Roast until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees , 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer beef to a platter; tent loosely with foil while preparing mushrooms.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil to same skillet. Add mushrooms and a pinch of kosher salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to turn golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add shallots; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Carefully add sherry; cook and stir until almost evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Stir juices from tenderloin platter into mushrooms with remaining tablespoon butter and thyme. Slice beef and serve with mushrooms.
Servings Per Recipe 4, chol. (mg) 154, cal. (kcal) 506, vit. A (IU) 213, iron (mg) 7, Fat, total (g) 27, vit. C (mg) 5, sugar (g) 4, Potassium (mg) 1107, pro. (g) 54, calcium (mg) 53, Trans fatty acid (g) 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 8, fiber (g) 2, sodium (mg) 757, Monounsaturated fat (g) 12, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 3, Folate (µg) 34, sat. fat (g) 9, Riboflavin (mg) 1, carb. (g) 9, Niacin (mg) 15, Thiamin (mg) 0
All my best,
Picket Fence Properties, located in Windsor, CO is Northern Colorado’s Top Notch Property Management company helping owners with their rentals, income/investment properties and vacancies in Northern Colorado. Are you a owner of a home for rent or that you’d like us to manage? We help you have the perfect tenants in NoCO. Are you looking for somewhere to rent in Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins, Wellington, Eaton, Evans, Windsor, Frederick, Firestone? Look no further, we have all your real estate and rental needs covered. Check out website for vacancies today.