AirBnB is very popular all throughout the US.
Though surprisingly, most homeowners do not understand or know how to turn their home into an AirBnb.
Here are some tips for you to turn your home into an AirBnB. If you are renting, make sure you check with your property management company before doing this with your adobe.
- Buy a home. Talk to your local realtor about buying a place of your own.
- Set up an AirBnB account. It is easy. Visit http://airbnb.com
- Make sure you know the details. Provide professional photographs and explain what is for use in the home and what is not.
- Set expectations. Describe the area of town you are in and what all of the local accommodations are: restaurants, transportation, coffee shops, things to do, etc.
- Price your listing. Look at comparable homes in your area to get a general idea of what they are charge. Pricing it lower than those will usually get your property rented.
- Know the law. In Denver, CO a homeowner needs to have short-term rental license in order to host their house as a Airbnb and it also must be your primary place of residence.
- Make sure to keep a great response rate.
- Rate your guests honestly. This builds know, like and trust amongst the AirBnB community and remember your guests will be able to see these as well.
Check your city for their particular laws.
You can check the Airbnb laws for Boulder or Denver.
Longmont is in the process of updating the Land Development Code (LDC). This update will include short term rentals and city staff is in the process of drafting recommendations for language and options to be included in the LDC. For the most recent update, visit here.
All my best,
Picket Fence Properties, located in Windsor, CO is Northern Colorado’s Top Notch Property Management company helping owners with their rentals, income/investment properties and vacancies in Northern Colorado. Are you a owner of a home for rent or that you’d like us to manage? We help you have the perfect tenants in NoCO. Are you looking for somewhere to rent in Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins, Wellington, Eaton, Evans, Windsor, Frederick, Firestone? Look no further, we have all your real estate and rental needs covered. Check out website for vacancies today.