Let’s face it, if you had great renters, everything would be a piece of cake as a property manager of owner.
So what is it that renters look for:
- Quality Property
- Modern Communication Tools
- Regular Incentive or Perks
Here are some tips for how to do this:
- Make Your Property Listings Stand Out – spend some time listing out why a renter would want to live in your house/unit over the competitors down the street, especially if the other one has lower rent. In your listing, make sure to highlight the reason why yours is the one to pick. List the perks.
- Use Online Property Management Tools – have online applications and easy online payment options. This allows your potential tenants to conduct their business via computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Let Renter’s Communicate With You In A Way That They Like – allow your perfect renters to reach you multiple ways so that they can pick the option that is best for them. Have your communication methods setup to receive phone calls, text messages and emails. Make sure you monitor them closely as if you do not respond in a timely manner, it may just be too late.
- Create One Page Handouts – Print handouts for open houses, showings or make them downloadable on your website. These handouts should list all the details of your property and your contact info.
- Offer Incentives for Timely Applications – Consider a small perk for timely applications from qualified potential tenants. This will help move the right people through the process and allow you to have a benefit over your competition.
If you are needing help with any of these items or you’d like a property management company to take care of choosing your renters, Picket Fence Properties would like to offer our assistance. Call our office today at (970) 686-6544.
All my best,
Picket Fence Properties, located in Windsor, CO is Northern Colorado’s Top Notch Property Management company helping owners with their rentals, income/investment properties and vacancies in Northern Colorado. Are you a owner of a home for rent or that you’d like us to manage? We help you have the perfect tenants in NoCO. Are you looking for somewhere to rent in Greeley, Loveland, Fort Collins, Wellington, Eaton, Evans, Windsor, Frederick, Firestone? Look no further, we have all your real estate and rental needs covered. Check out website for vacancies today.